Sunday, November 2, 2008

My Grandparents' House

LA ENTRADA
When Lolo and Lola were alive,the gate was not yet there.Instead there was a big wall at the site where my sign is now located.At the back of this wall was my Lola's white roses which bloomed every month of May. Lolo used to put his rooster at the right side where my mother had her store.He used to place this rooster at this site from morning to evening.I was amazed as a child whenever this chicken would say tik ti laok every 4 or 5 o'clock in the morning.































LA AZOTEA
























When Lolo was alive, he used to sit all day here.He listened to radio Veritas all day. It was here where he talked to me about how bad Marcos was.He taught me his faith. He always had banana after dinner and in instances when there was no banana available, he would have talamindo, a tamarind juice that my Lola bought from Andang Carpo Francisco's store or he would have Juicy fruit gum.Michelle and I loved the talamindo . There is no talamindo you can find in Manila.We also ate all of Lolo's juicy fruit in the canister.










































the salas


























































































This are the bed rooms.They are locked.the sofas are where we always take a nap























ONE OF THE BEDROOM-this bedroom where I always sleep was where my grandparents' altar was located.I would never sleep in any other place in paombong but here where I my grand parents had stayed.On this site was where they have their prayers every morning and every 6 o'clock in the evening(angelus). When both of them was no longer around, our relatives renovated the house.Formerly, there was a large dining area and sala, and there was a second floor where my cousins and I used to play "bahaybahayan" and taguan.My lolo was always worried whenever I climbed up the stairs because he felt I would always fall.Michelle and I were very young then.We loved to be left here by our parents because we sauntered around my relatives' houses to play, watch television and read our cousin Susan Sta Ana's textbooks. Lola was always shouting our names and looking for us in our relatives' houses when it was time to eat .We were always sad and wanted to ran and hide whenever my mother would bring us back to Manila for school.Now the house is a bungalow w/ three bedroom.















WHERE I TAKE MY BATH
I never want to take my bath in Tata Narding's house or in any house in Bulacan but here.This house was where I grew up and so this is where I want to take my bath .






Custom Search






No comments: