Monday, November 3, 2008

The Calayag Country










tHE SIGN THAT at last! We Are hoMe!






















the municipio de paombong.one of grand uncles was a mayor.The lateMayor Domingo Gonzales was proud of my being a doctor.
Sabi niya sa akin,"Apo ko yan!"

I worked in our health center here when Dr. Julio Garvida was the MHO.





this is the church where almost all of my Catholic relatives said their vows of marriage. My grand parents came here every Sunday for worship.Sometimes I tagged along.You know how kids always like to go w/ their grand parents!
The yellow building at the left is where the variety store of an aunt,the TenTen's Store, is located.This is where we buy ice cream,Selecta or Magnolia













The paomBong HigH where some cousins had secondary school
























The Marcelo H.Del Pilar landmark in Brgy San ISidro.This was the barrio where my lola and I bought feeds for the ducks and chickens
Marcelo H.Del Pilar was a Bulacano. He was the chief editor of La Solidaridad, the newspaper of the propaganda movement of the ilustrados when in Spain .They wanted to have equality of the Filipinos and Spaniards and representation of the Filipinos in the Spanish Cortez.He used the pen name Plaridel.

My pen name here is Ang Blog.



























The Market

















I have asked my grand parents what is this structure but no one knew.





























An old Spanish house in the Town Proper















fish ponds in our town
This is what Paombong and Hagonoy is known for

No comments: